[themify_box style=”gray info rounded”]
Requires WooCommerce 2.2+
Integrates several existing plugins, including WooCommerce Subscriptions, WooCommerce Bookings, Groups for WooCommerce, and WooCommerce Product Add-Ons
Memberships Plugin for WooCommerce
Integrates with Both Your Content and Products
WooCommerce Memberships Plugin by WooThemes
WooCommerce Memberships is not only for restricting your site’s content such as posts and pages, it’s a site-wide WooCommerce Membership solution that brings your content, shop and products, and memberships together.
Memberships for WooCommerce allows you to create a membership system without having to use multiple plugins.
[themify_box style=”orange warning rounded”]Memberships f+9or WooCommerce requires that your WordPress site uses WooCommerce. If you have a WordPress site that does NOT use WooCommerce, yet you want to create a membership site, you should use the Membership 2 Pro plugin instead.[/themify_box]
Sell or Gift Memberships with WooCommerce Memberships
Memberships are not a specific type of WooCommerce product; instead, membership plans are created independently from products. This lets you determine how access is granted for maximum flexibility. You can assign 0ne or more products to a membership plan and create several types of memberships:
- Sell a membership as a product — create a product for the membership, then add the membership plan you previously created to that product to sell it.
- Sell a product and automatically include a membership with it. — i.e., buy a subscription for post content, get access to pdf copies.
- Grant access to the same membership from several products (i.e., a yearly purchase or a monthly subscription)
- Assign memberships manually for an invite-only members area.
- Give complimentary memberships manually.
Drip Access to Content
WooCommerce Memberships lets you schedule when members should have access to your content. This gives you more control over how members begin using your site and lets you introduce members to your content at your pace.
WooCommerce Memberships Combined with WooCommerce Subscriptions
When you use Memberships with WooCommerce Subscriptions, you get a powerful combination and can even determine which content is included in a free trial period with content dripping rules.
Sell Products at Retail and Give Members Discounts
With WooCommerce Memberships you can sell your products to non-members at full retail price while at the same time giving a discount to members on the same products without having to create two separate products. You can create a purchasing club with this method or even allow free access to your products or content for members.
Communicate with Members with Notes
If you are familiar with WooCommerce notes, then you will appreciate the Notes functionality for WooCommerce Members. It works basically the same way and Notes in WooCommerce does. You can track changes and add notes and share those notes with your members by email.
Memberships Paired with Subscriptions
WooCommerce Memberships is fully functional as a stand-alone membership solution, but it performs best when paired with the most advanced recurring payments solution available with WooCommerce Subscriptions.
When both plugins are active, some additional features are available with Memberships for WooCommerce (more details in the documentation):
- WooCommerce Memberships can use recurring billing (i.e., monthly payments) for the membership rather than a set term (such as a year)
- Free trials can be used for the memberships with a subscription.
- Content restriction and dripping can include or exclude free trial periods so you control what content is available in trials.
- Members can pause their own memberships by suspending a subscription.
- Members can upgrade or downgrade memberships by switching a subscription.
- Upgrades and downgrades can leverage Subscription’s proration to ensure that membership costs are accurate.
Even if you don’t want to use recurring billing, you can leverage the other features of Subscriptions by setting the subscription length to one billing cycle so you can take advantage of upgrades and downgrades or trial periods.